Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Sweet Shepherd

6x6
acrylic on gessobord
When I was young I often accompanied my mom to her dog training classes.  My favorite dogs there were always the German Shepherds.  I still really love these dogs.  Just last week we had an unexpected visitor...our neighbor's shepherd, Gunner.  He had apparently gotten carried away sniffing for wild bunnies and ended up going on a bit of an adventure.  My dogs were so happy to have a new playmate for the morning!  Anyway, I couldn't stop smiling while painting this sweet pup, it had me thinking about our recent visitor.

As a side note...have you ever witnessed a young, playful German Shepherd drink out of a water bowl?  It is hilarious!  I think more water ended up outside the bowl than in his mouth!  Gunner gave a whole new meaning to slobbery drinker!

No comments:

Post a Comment