Thursday, April 19, 2018

Bounding Through the Waves

12x24
acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas

I have two paintings that have been accepted into the Olympia Art League's 2018 juried art show, and this is one of them.  I really wanted to do a "water dog" painting for the show.  I used a photo that I took while in L.A. this past January.  I was there with our daughter's sailing team for the 2018 Rosebowl Regatta.  The regatta took place right next to Rosie's Dog Beach in Long Beach, Ca..  I watched this energetic pup play fetch for hours!  It was absolutely awesome!

I took a couple of photos while painting this, to show some of my process.  I meant to take an earlier one, but became so enthralled with this, that I forgot!  Anyway, thanks for looking and I hope you all enjoy it!

I first like to block in the main colors and shapes and get an idea of the feel of the painting.


Once I know I have my proportions right I start adding more darks and lights and adjust colors to my liking.



The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment