Thursday, October 18, 2018

Dogfish

6x8
acrylic on gessobord
I thought this pup looked like he could be part fish, the way he's casually gliding through the water.  I used a photo from Pixabay to paint this one.  When I saw the photo, it made me think of our Salty, when we were sailing around Mexico.  One of our favorite activities while in Mexico was swimming and snorkeling.  The first time we all went snorkeling off the boat, I noticed a strange four legged creature swimming towards me...It was Salty, of coarse!  He would jump in the dinghy and then jump into the water and follow us around as we explored.  I never tired of swimming with him.  Now that we're back in the Pacific Northwest, I don't do much swimming, but Salty doesn't let the cold stop him. (He probably misses swimming with us, though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment