Wednesday, January 13, 2021

It's Always A Good Day At The Beach

 


6x6
Acrylic on Gessobord

This is another painting of Tug (the stud!). I was able to take quite a few photos of him in action.  One thing that really drew me to Tug, is that he reminded me of our Salty.  Salty is now 12 1/2 years old and is in great shape, but the high jumps and endless fetching are no longer possible.  I love watching athletic pups do their thing (and I think they like showing off too!).
The day we were at the beach it was fairly damp and dreary, but occasionally the sun peaked out.  The reflections on the wet sand when that bright light hits it draws me in.  This past December I treated myself with a fun new tube of paint;  Golden's iridescent pearl. This was a perfect opportunity to use it! It was hard to see in the photo I originally took so hopefully you can see it here:


New paint = lots of fun!!



No comments:

Post a Comment