Thursday, February 21, 2019

Watchers

6x6
acrylic on gessobord
I had a hard time figuring out what to title this painting.  My first idea was, "I'm more interested in what's behind you", but that was just too long.  Then I thought of, "I've got your back", and "Rest Stop" but neither seemed right.  So I settled with "Watchers".
 The photo I used for this piece is from one of our daughter's regattas.  This guy was walking around with his sweet pup.  I got my camera out and started snapping photos as inconspicuously as possible (I wish I had one of those 007 secret spy cameras so nobody would think I was a crazy stalker!).  Luckily, when I took this photo, everyone was turned in the same direction (except for this curious dog- he almost blew my cover!)  
Regatta season is about to start up again for spring and I'm hoping I'll have many more opportunities to  capture the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment